Monday, February 8, 2016

I Can See Clearly Now...





click here to set the tone for this blog...


Well, it's been 15 years, maybe longer, but we are breaking up.

Actually, let me rephrase that.

We broke up today.

That wasn't my intention. 

But I had finally had enough.

Enough of the waiting.

The lies.

The expense... and then the disappointment.

Image result for lenscrafters logoLensCrafters - you and I are done.

I know you apologize every time you screw up.  And each time, it seems so heartfelt, that I have given you another chance.  I've wandered around that horrible mall for hours, when you've promised it would only be ONE HOUR.

I've left on vacation without glasses when you said, after 2 hours that you couldn't get them done after all. 

I've worn out-of-date styles because that's all you had that could accommodate my complicated prescription.  

But today, when I said I may take my business elsewhere, and you simply went and got me my prescription, I knew we were over.  It was as easy as that.  

No more driving to the mall and wasting my precious time.
No more sneak-eating the gay-hating Chik-fil-a and hoping no one will see me.
No more wandering into store upon store which offers nothing but horrible scented candles and creams, all destined to give me a head-ache that will last long into the evening. 
No more rushing by the kiosks  to avoid being badgered into having someone straighten my hair, trim my cuticles, or thread my eyebrows.

We're over, LensCrafters.  I stayed in this dysfunctional relationship long enough.  Next time you see me, which will be, um, never, my myopia will be fashionably and functionally fixed by a pro who won't make false promises and won't talk me into add-ons I don't want or need.

And if anyone has a recommendation for such a place... I could use a new optometrist right about now!


 







No comments:

Post a Comment